Wednesday, July 2, 2008

You're Not My Friend!

I was not prepared for what my darling daughter said to me last night. I went in for some snuggles and she looked at me and said, "You're not my friend!" You may as well just grab my heart strings and pull them out. I said, "What do you mean I'm not your friend?" She just smiled and shrugged her shoulders.

As part of our bedtime routine, she likes to push me over. I sit in the middle of the room and she pushes on me from the front until I fall backwards. As I'm falling, I put my feet on her belly and push her up into the air and bounce her up and down. She said, "Mommy, I push you over." I said, "Why, I'm not your friend?" She looked at me with the most adorable smile ever and said, "Mommy, you're my very best friend." Now, who could say no to that?

No comments: