Monday, July 14, 2008

Locked Out!


Alyssa got a new Dora umbrella this weekend and we told her she could use it the next time it rained. Well, we had quite a monsoon storm around 4:00 p.m. yesterday. It was raining pretty hard, so we went outside to play in the rain. Alyssa looked so cute standing in the middle of the yard with her umbrella. She was so excited!!!

While I was outside, I noticed a broken sprinkler that needed to be thrown in the trash. Alyssa was just hanging out on the patio, so I told her I'd be right back. The thought crossed my head as I was walking that she could go back inside the house, but I never expected her to go inside and lock the door. I could see her smiling face through the glass. The little stinker locked me out! So, I got down on my knees and begged her to unlock the door. "Alyssa, open the door for Mommy please." Alyssa says, "I did already!" Yet, the deadbolt was still locked. "Alyssa, can you open the top one for Mommy." (jiggle, jiggle) Still not unlocked. "Come on, Alyssa unlock the door."

In the back of my mind, I always knew that I could go around the house and go through the garage to get in, so I was patient. Finally, she opened the door and I told her to never to that again. Of course, she cried... I later realized that the door from the garage to the house was locked, so I was truly locked out. I think it's time to figure out where the spare key is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doh! I better start leaving a spare key out too. I walked out to the front porch to get something and Nate shut the door on me. It wasn't locked but it could've been.