Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hide and Seek

It's time for hide and seek.  Alyssa likes to tell me to hide and she comes to find me.  Last night, she told me to stay in her room.  So, I hid in the closet.  She came in to find me and I was gone.  She started looking down the hallway and in my room.  Then, it sounded like she was going to cry, "Mommy, where are you?"  A little voice from the closet says, "In here!"  She comes back into her room, "Mommy?"  The little voice says, "Over here!"  I made sure that my head was in clear view and when she found me she exclaimed, "MOMMY!  There you are!"  Then said, "Hide again!"  This time, I hid behind two pillows in the corner of the room.  You could clearly see my head and feet.  She acted as if she didn't know where I was and then pounced on the pillows smashing me. 

A couple days ago I hid down the hall and said, "Come find me!"  Alyssa was looking in the doors of the bathroom and bedrooms.  As she walked by me, I crawled out of the room and said, "ROOOAAARR!"  Well, that was a mistake.  I scared her so much she fell on the floor.  I felt like absolute crap for the rest of the evening.  Before she went to bed, she said, "Mommy, you scared me."  I showered her with hugs and kisses, but she still remembers.  She tells me not to scare her.  So, I make sure that I stay quiet until she sees me and says something.  That way, she enjoys playing hide and seek.  Next time, it's her turn to hide from me!

1 comment:

Sam said...

You should of felt bad, you scared her to death!