Thursday, July 10, 2008

Kids and Portraits

What is it with kids and portraits anyway?  We're one week away from Alyssa's annual portraits and she comes home from school with a 1/2 inch scratch on her face.  Of all weeks, why this one?  Why do kids always get some kind of scratch or bruise on their face right before family pictures?  I know I'm not alone on this one.  I guess it's just Murphy's law.  If this continues to happen over the years, I think I'll schedule two appointments.  If something happens before the first one, I'll just cancel it and have healing time to make the next one.  If it were only that easy, right?   You know why I love taking my own pictures?  Photoshop!!!  Scratches, no problem.  Blemishes, gone.  With a click of the mouse, all of our little imperfections are fixed.  We had beautiful close up pictures of Alyssa when she was a baby, but she scratched up her entire forehead with her fingernails.  Yes, I admit that I removed all of the scratches.  The facial expressions were too priceless!  Anyway, portraits are next Friday.  Let's hope the scratch is all better by then.

No comments: