Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Three Years

Three years...  Sam and I were married three years before we decided to have a baby.  It took almost three years to get pregnant.  Now, our little girl is turning "3" next week.  As I reflect on the past three years, I get emotional.  Our little baby isn't a baby anymore.  I remember when we first brought her home from the hospital.  She was in her car seat carrier.  We sat her inside while we unloaded the car.  She was lying there asleep.  We looked at each other and said, "Now what?"  Our lives would never be the same again.

Looking back, I enjoyed every "first" (first smile, first crawl, first tooth, first word, first step), but always found myself looking forward to the next one.  I think as a new mom I was so excited to see what was next that I did not realize how quickly those moments were gone.   I now sit wondering where the past three years have gone.  Yet, I'm also looking forward to getting the 3's behind us.  I guess that's the irony of it all.

There will always be more "firsts" to look forward to and there will always be photos to capture the memories.   My precious little baby has grown into such a darling little girl.  It's been an amazing three years.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the age progression photos. She's turned into such a pretty little girl. It does go fast. I'm trying to enjoy and soak up memories as much as I can.

Chanda said...

Enjoy every moment... Before you know it, Nate will be three too!

Sam- Hypnotoad said...

I think this would of looked great as an animated gif slowly blending into each other.

Chanda said...

Are you volunteering to create an animated gif?

Sam- Hypnotoad said...

Sure, let's do it!