Monday, April 13, 2009

Disney on Ice


On Saturday, we surprised Alyssa and took her to Disney on Ice - Disneyland Adventure. It's was her first kid's show and she was so excited to be there. I'll always remember the look on her face when Mickey and Minnie skated onto the ice. She kept pointing at the characters and saying their names, "Mickey! Minnie! Goofy! Donald! Pluto!" I think I watched her facial expressions more than I watched the show.

The Incredibles went on a family vacation to Disneyland. The adventure took us on a Jungle Cruise with Baloo, flying through Space Mountain with Buzz Lightyear, spinning in Tea Cups with Alice and the Mad Hatter, watching the Main Street Parade with Cinderella and Snow White, hiding from ghosts in the Haunted Mansion, floating through It's a Small World, dancing Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Incredibles rescuing Mickey and Minnie from the evil Syndrome. It was like a trip through Disneyland from our seats. Boy, do I really want to go! I am hopeful we can drive to California by the end of the summer.

I hope to share more experiences like this with Alyssa. An experience is so much greater when seen through the eyes of a child. These are the memories that will last a lifetime.

1 comment:

Sam- Hypnotoad said...

This was an amazing event, her face was worth it. I like the show a lot more than I thought I would. Thanks for organizing such a fun day, going out for milk shakes afterwards was a blast also.

I was shocked on how much they charged for those useless toys, just like the real Disneyland. LOL!

We will go to Disneyland anytime this summer. It's going to be a summer filled with travel and fun!