Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"Don't Make Me Cry..."

I was tucking Alyssa in bed tonight and she didn't want me to leave.  Lately, she gets up about three times.  First time, she has a booger on her finger and needs me to put it in a tissue.  Second time, she needs to go potty.  She hardly ever goes, but we have to listen because we're potty training.  It's so frustrating!  Third time, she needs a drink of water.  Then, she's off to sleep.  The bedtime routine that used to last an hour now takes 30 minutes longer.  Anyway, she skipped the three stallers tonight and said, "Don't make me cry..." in a sad little voice.  I repeated back, "Don't make you cry?"  Her face cracked a smile and she said, "Don't go.  Let's snuggle."  Is this how it's going to be?  Has she already figured out how to lay on the guilt trips?  It worked because I gave in.  I have a weakness for snuggles, but kept it short.  Crazy kid!

1 comment:

Sam said...

Gotta love that sweet, loving, yet manipulating voice!