Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cuz Why?

My daughter is turning "3" on August 11th.  If the past month is a glimpse of what is to come, I will need lots of patience to survive the 3's.  We have entered into the "What's that?" and "Cuz why?" phase of parenting where everything requires an explanation.  A wise friend told me to play along for a few questions and then return the questions, "What do you think it is?" or "Why do you think?"  So far, it's working!  She answers the question and the game is over...until the next question.

Last week, I heard a little voice say, "Mommy, look at me!"  As I turned my head, I saw my darling daughter standing in the center of the glass coffee table.  When she noticed I was looking, she started jumping up and down.  I would not like to see a video replay of what I looked like running, shouting, and swooping her off the table.  The visions of glass breaking took over and it she was quickly removed from her platform.

I thought it would be fun spending the next year blogging about little things like these that give insight into what it's like to be a three-year-old and to see if I can survive "3" without losing my sanity.

No comments: