Monday, August 3, 2009

Disney Pin Trading


We're newbies to Disney pin trading. Alyssa picked the Disney Princess starter set and I picked the Fantasyland starter set because it came with a purple lanyard. We had lots of fun looking at pins and trading pins with Disney Cast Members. You can trade up to two pins with any Disney Cast Member wearing a lanyard and they have to trade you. Sometimes, they are even wearing limited edition pins, so you have to know what you're looking for. We had a lot of fun looking for pins together and trading for pins we liked better. It's something we can wear every time we return to Disneyland and a memento that Alyssa will have of all her Disney vacations.

Alyssa wasn't willing to trade away any of her original Princesses, but ended up with a few more anyway. Daddy bought her a Snow White pin because she's her favorite Princess right now. Mommy gave her a Tinkerbell pin and a Jessie pin from Toy Story. Alyssa met a lady from Montana named Yoly. We ran into Yoly at Disneyland and Alyssa liked her Sleeping Beauty/Cinderella pin. Yoly offered to trade Alyssa for her Jessie pin and they made the trade. Then, Alyssa wanted Jessie back. Yoly was so nice and told her to go ahead and keep the Princess pin. Then, we saw a Disney Cast Member wearing the little critter from Toy Story that's Alyssa's travel buddy. She named the critter "Annie" and we take pictures of her everywhere we travel. So, we were surprised when we saw a pin with Annie. Alyssa was more than willing to trade Jessie away to get Annie. I think as she gets older we'll need two lanyards, one she can trade from and one that has the special ones.



I traded away all of my starter pins. I was on a search for the Little Green Men from Toy Story and ended up with one pin. They came in a box that was a Toy Story grab bag. You get two pins, but you don't know which two. I gambled and bought two boxes and ended up with only one pin that I wanted to keep. I traded away the others. All in all, I ended up with some of my favorite Disney and Pixar characters like Dopey, Thumper, LGM, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, and Lightning McQueen. I also got a special "love" pin from my hubby with Mickey's hands forming a heart since we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary during our trip.

Alyssa and I both got the 2009 commemorative pins to remember the year of Alyssa's first trip to Disneyland and the year we started pin trading. I am hopeful that this is something Alyssa will enjoy for years to come. It sure was fun!

1 comment:

Sam- Hypnotoad said...

This seemed like a lot of fun for you guys. I loved buying you guys the pins. I am glad you did this.

Now we just have to find the Grape Soda pin, that is a treasure.