Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Travel Buddy


Hi there! It’s me, Alyssa. Mommy has been too busy to work on my blog, so I decided to do this one for her. I went to San Francisco for vacation this year and it was a blast! Since Daddy has a travel buddy “Homer,” I wanted a travel buddy too. This is my “Annie.” She is a little critter that came with my Jessie doll from Toy Story. She looks kind of like a bunny rabbit, but with the body of a pig. She didn’t have a name, so I named her Annie. We’re going to travel the world together. She’s my travel buddy.


My favorite part of vacation is riding all of the carousels. San Francisco had a HUGE carousel. It had two stories and I got to go up really high. Mommy and Daddy let me ride it a few times. It was fun!


I got to ride in a boat and it was really, really cold and windy. We went to Alcatraz. It’s a really scary place that they used to lock people up in. We had to be very, very quiet because people were sleeping. Daddy told me they weren’t real, but I saw them! My daddy made a really neat video of Alcatraz (http://www.vimeo.com/5032057). We had fun looking around and playing in the cellblocks. Mommy told me if I wasn’t good that she’d leave me there, but she was just kidding.


My next favorite part about vacation is all the yummy food! We went to this bakery with lots of yummy bread. Mommy got me turtle bread and it was so good. The lady at Boudin Bakery even let me pull around a giant alligator bread that was bigger than me! We also had pizza, ice cream, mini doughnuts, and salt water taffy.


I had a nice bike ride to the Golden Gate Bridge. Daddy pulled me the whole way and I slept on the way back. Now, that’s what I’m talking about. We stopped at this really pretty place on the way back and I met a little boy. He gave me some bread to feed the birds. There were birds everywhere!!! They must have been really hungry because they kept coming to me for more.

We took a nice drive out of the city to go find Snoopy. My mommy loves Snoopy. We had lots of fun taking pictures with Snoopy. I even got a super cuddly Snoopy to sleep with. I love him so much! We had a nice lunch at the Warm Puppy Café. Can you believe they even have Snoopy ice cream there? It was a Snoopy kind of day.

I had lots of fun in San Francisco! I got to ride on trains and cable cars. I went to two aquariums and saw lots of fish. I really liked looking at the sea lions on the pier. I’d hear them and say, “Arr, Arr, Arr!” I think they understand me. I met lots of new people. When I’d see someone sitting on the side of the street, I’d say, “Hi! What’s your name?” Mommy says I shouldn’t talk to strangers. I was a really good girl for my Mommy and Daddy. I can’t wait to go on vacation again! Annie and I have lots of places to go.

No comments: