Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mr. Mosquito

On Thursday, we had a mosquito in the office at home and I made the mistake of screaming when I saw it. As soon as Alyssa saw him too, she took off running and screaming. I grabbed the fly swatter and went in to take care of business. I took a swipe, but then I could not find him. He wasn’t flying around, so I thought I got him and he crawled away.

Alyssa was at her desk coloring on Saturday and all of a sudden she started screaming and crying. Mr. Mosquito was back! He must have hid out for a few days. So, I grabbed the fly swatter again and gave him a good swat. The little stinker disappeared on me again. Then, I noticed him in the hallway. She wanted to watch me swat him again. There was no way he was going to hide on us this time.

We celebrated with “high 5’s” and saying, “Yeah, we got him!” Then, we sang a little song, “Ding, dong, the mosquito is dead! The mean old mosquito, Mr. Mosquito is dead!” (Like the mean witch song from the Wizard of Oz.) We had a good laugh and I was thankful he wouldn’t be around to find me while I was sleeping.

No comments: