Thursday, March 26, 2009

Monsters!


Our house has been monster free until now. All of a sudden, they are hiding out in closets and in the bathroom. When Alyssa turns the corner to walk down that hallway to the bathroom, she'll point down the hallway with her little finger and whisper, "I can't. There's a monster in there!"

Trying to be clever, I grabbed the "Oust!" and sprayed the bathroom. I told her I used "Monster Spray" and he went away. She peeked in the bathroom and nothing was there. She seemed a bit intrigued and all was good.

Yesterday, we had another monster hiding out. I read something in Parents magazine about how to respond to these situations. Our conversation went something like this:

Alyssa: "There's a monster in there!"
Mommy: "There is?"
Alyssa: "Yeah, he's going to get me."
Mommy: "No, he's not. He's a nice monster. He's just here to play with you."
Alyssa (yelling): "No, I don't want to play with him!"

So much for the magazine's advice... Apparently, kids don't want to play with monsters. I think I'll stick to the monster spray. It seemed to work the best.

No comments: