Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Drawing Faces


Alyssa has been drawing faces and I am amazed! The first time I saw her draw a face was while we were playing with sidewalk chalk. Since then, her little faces have been improving and are more controlled. I was so excited when she brought home a page of them from school today. She drew five faces, each in a different color. You can see the first circle for the head and two smaller circles for the eyes. The lines on top are the hair and the lines on the bottom are teeth.

The face is the first object she’s drawn that she’s identified before drawing it. She knows she’s drawing faces and tells you that she’s drawing the eyes, mouth, hair, and teeth. I’m certain we’ll see many more faces, but they will change as she gets more practice. I wanted to capture the innocence of this drawing. To me, it’s priceless!

2 comments:

Sam- Hypnotoad said...

Like father like daughter.. LOL! One of my goals is to get her drawing early as possible and cartoon figures, abstract shapes/animals, etc.

Chanda said...

Definitely! She certainly loves to draw and even more so when she's drawing with you. I will cherish these face drawings forever.