Thursday, September 11, 2008

Do As I Say, Not As I Do

It’s amazing when your child begins to hold you accountable for all the things you tell them not to do.  This morning, we were eating breakfast at the table and my daughter says, “Don’t talk to me with your mouth full!”  I said, “What?” and looked at her kind of puzzled.  She repeated, “Don’t talk with cereal in your mouth.”  And so it begins… 


We are always quick to teach our kids the right way, but often don’t realize that we do the things we tell them not to do.  I’ve always been very careful about not saying curse words or doing things that I wouldn’t want her to mimic.   Yet, it’s the little things we do everyday without realizing it that they notice.  They are little sponges soaking up the world around them.


This is a new beginning, a time to be very careful about the things I do and say.  It’s time to walk the talk and, if I don’t, I’m sure little mom will be right there to remind me.

1 comment:

Sam- Hypnotoad said...

That is so funny. Last night after I got out of the shower she told me not to run in the house because I will slip on the tile. LOL!