Thursday, November 6, 2008

Yippee, We're Pull-up Free!

That’s right, we are officially free from all diapers and pull-ups.  It’s been quite a journey, but we’ve reached another milestone in parenting.  I am proud to say Alyssa is 100% potty trained.  I’m just happy that I don’t have to change them anymore.  Yippee!


For the past two months, I’ve continued to use pull-ups at night.  I could have just let her wet the bed, but I didn’t think she was ready.  She wasn’t getting up in the morning and going straight to the potty and every morning her pull-ups were wet before I woke her.  I didn’t want to risk her wetting the bed and having to wash it and her every morning, so I figured we’d just wait until she was ready.


About three weeks ago, Alyssa asked to sleep in panties.  She told me she was a big girl and didn’t want pull-ups because they were for babies.  I told her if her pull-ups were dry in the morning for a few days, then we’d try panties on Friday.  On October 24th, we switched to panties.  I made a chart of the week and every morning she was dry she got to put a Dora sticker on the chart.  I told her if she got all stickers by the end of the week that we’d go shopping for a toy.  It worked!  She earned a sticker every day and ended up getting a Tinkerbell movie last Friday.  Every day this week, she’s been getting up in the morning and going.  I think it’s safe to say good-bye to pull-ups forever.


Good-bye expensive pull-ups, good-bye stinky diaper pail, good-bye emergency parking lot changes… you won’t be missed.

1 comment:

Sam- Hypnotoad said...

This is such a good thing! Although you changed many more diaper I thank you and so does my smelling mechanism